WELCOME TO SHARKLAB-MALTA!
Sharklab-Malta are proud to be a Malta based NGO. Our main objectives are to raise awareness about sharks, skates and rays, increase research efforts, and contribute to conservation on all levels. We are a registered non-profit, voluntary organisation.
We follow a very local approach to get people involved in all kind of activities. The research currently being done in Malta includes studies on the biology and ecology of different species, our fly with Bull Rays project, and the recovery and release of local oviparous species. But research is not the only part of our work here in Malta.
Our day-to-day work focuses on our mission to increase awareness and educate people. For this we organise regular awareness activities, eggcase searches, snorkels and SCUBA dives.
Our message to you: COME AND JOIN US!
The information contained in this website is believed to be correct, but we are always striving to learn the truth and the facts about these often misunderstood animals. Across the world more is being discovered day by day, so if you see something on the site and you have a question about it, please get in touch with us.
- Two eggs recovered from a landed nursehound at the fish market
- We capture stunning shots of a juvenile Ribbonfish.
- We celebrate World Oceans Day 2020 with our first solo live broadcast
- Our community activities are on hold until COVID-19 restrictions ease
- Farewell to our interns Will and Anona
- Two baby sharks have just hatched at the Aquarium!
JUMP RIGHT INTO OUR INFORMATIONAL PAGES
Enjoy a few of our photos before you explore our pages ...
WE’D LIKE TO SAY A BIG BIG THANK YOU!
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE HAVE RESCUED AND RELEASED