WELCOME TO SHARKLAB-MALTA!
Sharklab-Malta are proud to be a Malta based NGO. Our main objectives are to raise awareness about sharks, skates and rays, increase research efforts, and contribute to conservation on all levels. We are a registered non-profit, voluntary organisation.
We follow a very local approach to get people involved in all kind of activities. The research currently being done in Malta includes studies on the biology and ecology of different species. But research is not the only part of our work here in Malta.
Our day-to-day work focuses on our mission to increase awareness and educate people. For this we organise regular awareness activities, eggcase searches, snorkels and SCUBA dives.
Our message to you: COME AND JOIN US!
The information contained in this website is believed to be correct, but we are always striving to learn the truth and the facts about these often misunderstood animals. Across the world more is being discovered day by day, so if you see something on the site and you have a question about it, please get in touch with us.
- 20 Teen and Tiny Teen Science Cafe events are successfully underway
- Two busy dissections this month with our interns, SOK students and pupils from Giovanni High School
- We are delighted to welcome our new interns, Will Redding and Anona Griffiths
- Two eggs recovered from a landed nursehound at the fish market
- We capture stunning shots of a juvenile Ribbonfish.
- This Easter, give an egg that really matters - adopt a shark
JUMP RIGHT INTO OUR INFORMATIONAL PAGES
Enjoy a few of our photos before you explore our pages ...
WE’D LIKE TO SAY A BIG BIG THANK YOU!
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE HAVE RESCUED AND RELEASED